A delightful holiday cottage that provides the perfect romantic getaway for two. Situated at the foot of The Long Mynd hill in the very heart of the Shropshire Hills, the cottage is less than five minutes’ walk from Church Stretton’s town centre with its wide choice of pubs and cafes.
This cedar wood-clad cottage is located at the end of a private driveway and adjacent to the owners’ home sitting prettily against a wooded backdrop.
Set all on one floor, and beautifully-furnished throughout, this unique cottage has a well-equipped kitchen, leading through to the stylish double bedroom with a dining and lounge areas. The lounge area is complete with TV and a wood burning stove, whilst French doors lead from the dining area out to the private patio, set within the cottage’s garden. The garden boasts views across nearby woodland.
On warmer days, there’s no better place to relax than on the secluded patio, having enjoyed a gentle stroll into Church Stretton or an invigorating walk in the Carding Mill Valley, after tea and cakes at the superb National Trust tea room. The little town of Church Stretton was once nicknamed Litttle Switzerland for it’s uncanny resemblance to alpine village…only on a smaller scale. The town is home to independent shops, cafes and pubs aplenty, not to mention spectacular views to the Caradoc and Long Mynd Hills.
- Electric panel heaters with wood burning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, Bluetooth speakers, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent, additional logs available at small charge
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot on request
- Off road parking for 1 car
- Private lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 5 mins walk
- Note: Children under 2 only.
To book this cottage or to view similar, please visit: Woodpeckers Cottage Booking Details
Click to view LIVE Availability for Woodpeckers Cottage
Search all Availability
Burway Road, Church Stretton, United Kingdom