Your own lake, your own field, the most tranquil of settings and the deafening sound of pure silence! It’s a unique experience.
Sometimes, it’s hard to imagine such a place exists in this overcrowded country of ours, but that’s exactly what ‘The Cabin by the Lake’ provides, and set within glorious Shropshire countryside, a REAL escape to the country.
Yet despite the serenity, you’re still only a 10 minute drive to nearby Ironbridge or Much Wenlock and actually handily placed for exploring much of scenic Shropshire – if you can tear yourself away from your lakeside cabin that is.
Getting to your cabin is half the fun and an unapologetic romp across the fields, your baggage in hand, is required – so bring sturdy footwear.
As you hop over the style to your field, you set eyes upon your home for the next few days, and it’s hard not to get excited about the prospect that awaits you.
Your small, but superbly furnished cabin is set above the lake to which the double doors look out upon. Not a hint of civilisation interrupts the extensive views across the fields towards a majestic looking Wrekin Hill. The cabin boasts a luxuriously comfortable double bed, with thick duvet and quality linen to keep you snug during the night.
The lake itself is a haven for wildlife, with dragonfly and heron amongst the many visitors, so bring a pair of binoculars for an even closer view – and let us know what you spot!
Your sunny decking area is a wonderful place to sit and relax or dine Al-Fresco with the supplied gas stove whilst soaking up those views.
Arrival time is up to you (bear in mind daylight is required to walk the fields) and there’s no need to rush off on the morning of your final day – you can come and go as you please and leave late afternoon if you prefer.
- Please treat your escape as similar to a camping experience – albeit in utterly tranquil surroundings. There is currently no electricity or running water. Therefore, please bring with you all that is required for your stay to be as comfortable as possible. Bear in mind that you will need to carry most of these items to your cabin – so travel light and pack wisely.
- A basic gas operated stove (2 rings, toaster and grill) and gas canister is provided.
- Crockery and cutlery is provided.
- No, there’s no Wi-Fi – you’d be missing the point if you wanted it. Why would there be? Just bring a good book and relax. (NB if you need to communicate with the outside world, there is a good mobile reception at the cabin).
- Parking is at the farmhouse, so a 5 minute walk down a quiet country lane followed by an exhilarating 7-10 minute walk across the fields to your cabin. As mentioned, bring suitable footwear, waterproofs and luggage in a suitable pack fit for carrying ie. large backpack is ideal.
- Solar panel lighting provided inside (provides around 4 hours of consistent light).
- A sheltered toilet is positioned next to your cabin, using the cassette type of WC as sometimes found in tourers.
- Basic washing facilities and mirror are in the hut with the cassette toilet. Alternatively there are washing facilities and a proper toilet at the cowshed.
- Dishwashing up can be done to the rear of your cabin, rustic style, with the supplied water or back up at the barn near the farmhouse.
- 2 water butts will be filled and at the cabin ready for your arrival.
A bottle of wine will also be awaiting you!
“Beautiful Cabin, beautiful scenery, this is the perfect place for getting away from technology and having a romantic weekend with your partner, please remember that this should be treated the same way a camping weekend would be treated, there is a “porta potti” (google it) at the Cabin which I would consider to be for emergency use only as the lovely town of Ironbridge is very close by and has some beautiful sights too. I will definitely be going back.”
Contact the Owner
View more Shropshire Cottages
Morrellswood Ln, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY5, UK