Located just one mile from Chirk, this delightful stone cottage is situated on a working sheep farm in the small hamlet of Pontfaen. The holiday cottage is an a beautiful setting and boasts views from the garden along the valley to the World Heritage site of Chirk Aqueduct and it’s viaduct.
The Little Cow House has been carefully and thoughtfully converted and even offers solar panels for an eco-friendly stay. The large lounge retains much of the original building’s character which have been re-introduced during the conversion to include wooden wall frames and oak ceiling beams. The bedrooms upstairs consist of an attractive double bedroom, a king-size bedroom with en-suite shower facilities plus a single room that can be used for a 6th guest with a pull out bed.
Outside and the private patio has three steps that lead down onto a shared lawn area, where you can soak up both the sun whilst enjoying the views to the aqueduct.
The Shropshire Way, Offa’s Dyke, Llwybr Ceiriog Trail and Llwybr Maelor Way all making for great walking trails which are easily reached nearby. Chirk Castle is only half a mile away and a must see for any holiday in Chirk. A local pub is also reached from the cottage via a 15 minute walk alongside the river.
Spending your holiday in such an idyllic, tranquil location is certain to create superb memories of this wonderful holiday cottage and surrounding area.
This Chirk Cottage features…
- Underfloor heating throughout with solar panels and electric fire
- 4 Televisions with Freeview
- Electric oven and microwave
- Washing machine with dryer
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of terraced lawned garden with views to aqueduct
- Fuel and power included
- Bed linen and towels included
- Off road parking for 2 cars on shared courtyard
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Please note: Terraced garden has drops, children to be supervised at all times.
Click to view LIVE Availability and Prices
Back to Simply Shropshire Homepage
Pontfaen Farm, Chirk, Wrexham LL14 5EN, United Kingdom